The rise of the internet has brought us many conveniences. Online shopping, VoIP services, social media, information, knowledge, and what not. Online banking has also been a very big achievement for the financial industry and has proved to provide common banking customers with immeasurable convenience and flexibility.
However, there is a dark side to online banking, as well. Instances of hackers and data thieves stealing valuable banking information like credit cards, bank accounts, online banking portal user names, passwords, etc. are all too common now.
Moreover, these incidents are on the rise. Therefore, the need of the hour is to have a simple yet effective solution to neutralize this threat.
The Solution is a VPN Service
A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, protects the identity and data of an internet user by using a combination of fake IP addresses, data tunneling, and packet encryption techniques. When these techniques work in tandem with each other, the result is fool-proof security of online banking through VPN Banking.
Here is a list of the Top VPN service providers in the business:
Mostly, hackers and data thieves snoop around WiFi hotspots at coffee shops, airports, and educational institutions. However, with a VPN connection, you don’t have to worry about your data being stolen!
There is a Catch Though!
Like all other products and services, tangible and intangible, VPN industry also has its good players and players who are not completely honest to their users. Therefore, it is very important for VPN users to do some research before opting for a VPN, no matter what their purpose for using a VPN is.
However, if the purpose of using a VPN is to secure online banking activities, the task of finding a good VPN provider becomes much more crucial. A good VPN provider can save you from being swamped by cyber hackers and data thieves looking to steal your identity, and your money!
How Does a VPN Protect Online Banking?
A VPN uses a combination of techniques to help its users secure their online identity and activities. These are:
- IP Address Exchange – A VPN provider has servers in different countries around the world. The provider exchanges the IP address of a user, the address by which the user is identified on the internet, with another of its IP addresses from anywhere else in the world. Using a VPN, it is very much possible for a user to be residing in Australia but using an IP from the USA assigned by the VPN service provider.
- Data Tunneling – Using protocols that establish a secure tunnel for data transfer between the user and the VPN service provider like PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, and SSH, a VPN service helps users in bypassing hackers, data thieves, and internet service providers from monitoring and spying on the activities of the users. So, online banking can remain secure from such threats.
- Packet Encryption – Yes, there are some really evil hackers that can manage to compromise a data tunnel. So for the dismay of these hackers, a good VPN service provider offers military-grade packet encryption techniques that make the data of a user completely unreadable.
- On Server Security – When using a VPN service, all the data of a user passes through the VPN provider’s servers. A good VPN provider has anti-virus and anti-malware programs running on its servers 24/7. As a result, viruses and malwares that steal your data and monitor your activities like Trojans, key-loggers, etc.
The convenience and flexibility offered by online banking can be seriously undermined by the persistent threat of hackers and data snoopers prying on your transactions and stealing your money. Therefore, it has become extremely important to use a VPN service, at all times, to ensure complete security of online transactions. So get a VPN now and save your online activities!
Latest posts by Faisal Arshad (Posts)
- Astrill VPN Review. Discover The Features, Pros and Cons - August 27, 2014
- The Logical Fallacies against Computer Security - August 26, 2014
- Overplay Launches New SmartDNS app for iPhone and iPad - August 26, 2014