When it comes to hiding your identity over the internet, or logging the traffic emerging in and out of your computer, there are a number of ways that you can adopt such as VPN, proxy sites, or certain software.
While all these methods play their part honestly in keeping you anonymous over the internet, using proxy extensions could be yet another prominent way to serve this cause with successful results.
In the contemporary times, there is almost a war of web browsers (such as Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc.), each offering you better than the best proxy extensions. In this article, we would throw light on some of the widely used proxy extensions for Internet Explorer. So let us begin.
Steps in Selecting Best Proxy Extensions for IE
Before we move further and discuss prominent proxy extensions for IR, it would be worthwhile to have a look on some of the basic points that you can take care of prior to selecting one or more of them.
- Simple, easy to understand and user friendly proxy extension.
- Easy to configure, should involve minimum hassle.
- Should support the websites that you access on regular basis while you are in a foreign location.
- Speed is a major concern, the extension should be prompt to open the desired website.
- Should consume minimum possible space on your computing device.
- Should be available free or if paid, then hold fit well within your financial constraints.
Best Proxy Extensions for IE
Let us now have a look on some of the widely used proxy extensions for Internet Explorer:
It is an important add-on for Internet explorer which gives the web browser a solid strength and makes it highly capable to perform activities that are otherwise hard to accomplish. It includes
- Tabbed Browsing Management
- Crash Recovery
- Proxy Switcher
- Spell Check
- Mouse Gesture
- Tab History Browser
- Web Accelerator
- AD Blocker
- Flash Block
- User Agent Switcher
- Inline Search
- Super Drag Drop
- Webpage Capturer
- Google sponsored search; and so on.
Through all this exceptional features, E7Pro intends to make Internet Explorer a highly secure, utilitarian, customizable and user friendly browser.
It takes a keen look on the performance of your IE, specifically the time the websites consume in loading and the way they perform after they open up. The facilities include
- Real-time page and request level time.
- Detects potential configuration on your web server automatically.
- Detects performance and security related issues on your web server automatically.
- Decrypts HTTPS Traffic.
- Assures Advanced Filtering & Network Level Performance Data.
If you want to inspect all the traffic arising between the internet and your computer via IE or firefox that could help you get a log of all the data to use it for constructive purpose, Fiddler is a a useful proxy add-on. It is a very advanced web debugging tool that you can download online and is quite customizable as per your specific needs. It:
- Allows you to keep a track of the traffic and to set breakpoints.
- Consists of capable event-based scripting subsystem.
- Is customizable provided that you have apt knowledge of .NET
- Also provides the power to debug traffic through your Windows phone, iPod/iPad, etc.
You can also see here the all time Top 10 VPN Providers list.
Wish you a Happy and Private Internet Life !!