Once you opt for a VPN, usually you should become carefree regarding your data security online. But on heavier notes, such is not the case always, albeit your identity could well be at risk even if you are using a virtual private network.
Hence the need of the hour is to select the VPN that is more prone to hide your identity and is less susceptible by the censoring bodies. Let us discuss this topic in detail in this article.
Need for a highly secure VPN connection
Several Middle East nations along with countries such as China, Australia and more are efficient enough to block the IP addresses from which they suspect the transaction of objectionable data. The information they cease thus could be due to varied reasons such as it could be:
- Detrimental to the society,
- Against a particular religion
- Affects one’s individual’s interest
However, there could be many intrinsic purposes hidden behind such restrictions that you cannot discern more often. As a result, you are compelled to face the wrath of internet censorship and you are barred from accessing your desired websites, whether related to entertainment, current affairs, business or almost any other field.
It is likely that you would be interested to bypass such censorships in a manner that you run the minimum risk of being identified.
And this is where the Virtual Private Network makes its presence be felt, thereby allowing you to explore the part of internet that is otherwise blocked for your access.
List of Top Secure VPNs
Below is the list of Top Secure VPNs:
|3||Private Internet Access||$6.45/month|
Selection of VPN Protocols
If you are not going to select the appropriate vpn protocol then probably you won’t be able to dodge the censoring authorities. Consequently, the cyber police would be more than willing to nab you on the offense of any serious cybercrime.
Can you buy that? Certainly not. It is for this reason why banking on a safe and secure VPN protocol is so important.
But you need to be careful enough to choose the best one to make way for an assured security.
Choosing SSH VPN
If you are done with other protocols but still lurking out due to the failed attempts of those VPN protocols to hide your identity then you can giveSSH a try as well.
Though chances are less that the other protocols fail miserably, still with SSH VPN you can be rest assured of your safety and security to a greater extent. Why? Let us know.
- SSH tunnel protects your selected applications within a tunnel and leaves the other applications outside the tunnel that are used less frequently
- It performs this function with the help of SOCKS5 Proxy
- During abrupt internet connection breakdown, SSH tunnel would stop transferring data from your computing device. This will cease the web traffic until you get reconnected to the internet and hence will negate your reliance on firewalls any more.
- The SSH tunnel could be established on any network and is alongside compatible with the most widely used operating systems of the likes of Mac, Linux and your very own Windows
- It functions on TCP port 22 that allows you to have a fresh IP address, which is different than the original one. This in turn lets you access all the websites such as Hulu, Netflix, Facebook and more, conveniently in case they are blocked from your current geographical location.
Owing to all these factors, choosing SSH tunnel VPN could indeed be a smart choice to make.
Choosing SSTP VPN
While SSH tunnel is a capable mode to bypass filtering, SSTP is yet another important protocol that is worthwhile mentioning due to its below mentioned functions:
- It transfers L2TP or PPP traffic through SSL channel which in itself is a highly secure channel with virtues such as key-negotiation, high standard encryption, and traffic integrity checking proving its excellence.
- SSTP works on the browser over the https protocol (Port 443) which hinders any attempt from the censoring bodies to restrict the access of a website. It is due to this fact that SSTP VPN is used by various government authorities to access certain secured websites; and imposing restriction over it would hamper government’s work.
- It is Windows based and is available as a built in support in all the Windows versions since Windows Vista
Apart from these two protocols, SSH and SSTP, you can use any other VPN protocol from among those we mentioned earlier as well.
It is just that it should be able to bypass the restrictions at your end. Hence, whatever VPN protocol you choose, make sure that is solves your purpose of keeping yourself anonymous yet enabling you to access all the blocked websites.
Abiding by these tips you can be in a better position to say that your VPN is indeed very secure. Happy anonymous browsing!!!
You can also see here the all time Top 10 VPN Providers list.
Wish you a Happy and Private Internet Life !!
Latest posts by Faisal Arshad (Posts)
- How to Unblock TVCatchup Outside UK - April 15, 2014
- How to Stream Netflix Anywhere in the World With a Netflix VPN - April 15, 2014
- Obama Approved NSA’s use of Heartbleed for ‘National’ Interests - April 14, 2014