Today, the market is flooded with smartphones, iPads, iPhones, net books and tablets that are of immense help to immediate information and content. Recently Amazon introduced a new gadget names as Kindle Fire. It is a tablet designed by Amazon to read books instead of using real books. Kindle fire since, can also be used for other activities just like a simple tablet therefore a need of VPN for Kindle Fire also emerged in the market. Let’s have look to interesting fact about Kindle Fire VPN.
Best VPN for Kindle Fire
Here is the list of some of the best VPN for Kindle Fire. You can refer it to choose the best VPN for Kindle Fire as per your specific requirements.
|3||Private Internet Access||$6.45/month|
How to Setup VPN on Router for Kindle Fire HD
There are several requirements that need to be fulfilled to setup a functional VPN for Kindle Fire. There are different protocols that can be used to access a Kindle Fire VPN and some of them are open VPN, PPTP VPN and L2TP VPN.
Anyone choosing to setup a VPN for Kindle Fire has to select a suitable router and the most popular ones include the Linksys E2000 or Asus RT-N16.
If these routers are not available in your local electronic store then you must make sure that the router of your choice uses the Tomato, open WRT or the DD-WRT technology.
Steps to Configure VPN for Kindle Fire
1. Go to the control panel of DD-WRT
2. Click on setup-> Basic setup
3. Go to the connection type in the WAN setup window and set it to PPTP (Protocol access for Kindle Fire VPN)
4. Select yes again “Use DHCP”
5. Specify the Gateway (PPTP server) that is the IP address provided to you by Kindle Fire VPN service provider
6. Mention the details of your Kindle Fire VPN account username, PPTP password. You will find it in the HMA control panel.
7. Set the “Connection Strategy” to “Keep Alive” with the redial period according to your choice.
8. Now enable the PPTP encryption for a secure Kindle Fire VPN
9. Enable the Disable Packet Reordering
10. Add options such as MPPE required, stateless in the Additional PPTP Options Box
11. Disable the STP
12. Now leave all the options just the same
13. Click on the “Save” button and then “Apply Settings” and there you are ready to access VPN for Kindle Fire
Once you have successfully configured your DD-WR router, you can easily connect your Kindle Fire VPN to it by using Wi-Fi and gain access to all the Amazon features and websites of your choice.
Understanding the Latest Amazon Kindle Fire HD
The Kindle Fire HD is an improved version of the original Kindle Fire that most successfully attempts to deliver a gateway to Amazon music, videos, books and content.
This sleek 7 inch version offers several key hardware improvements, overhauled software at the same price tag. Like its original version, this tablet is inextricably tied to Amazon’s much beloved ecosystem of;
• Digital media storefronts
• Amazon MP3
• Amazon video
• Kindle e-books
• Exciting TV shows
• Free streaming-video content
• Free books from Amazon’s lending library
However the only flaw with this device is that it does not have any built in Kindle Fire VPN support and lacks connectivity when used outside the US.
So let us discuss how to use your latest Amazon Kindle Fire VPN from outside the US and know the advantages of running a Kindle Fire VPN connection from a Router
VPN for Kindle Fire HD tablet
Since the tablet doesn’t come with an inbuilt Kindle Fire VPN facility, it is considered to be a major setback for the consumers.
However with developing technologies and reliable VPN for Kindle Fire service providers coming together with a router, the users will now be able to easily access the widely used Amazon’s features that were otherwise blocked from the updated Kindle Fire HD tablet.
It is quite easy to set up your own VPN. The initial steps include:
• Get a Kindle Fire VPN account from a reputable VPN service provider
• A router that can be configured for virtual network purpose
• An Amazon account
This is a miniature attempt from our side to make you aware of the Amazon Kindle fire and the steps on how to configure VPN for Kindle Fire use with the help of VPN routers.
Hopefully, this much information should have satisfied your queries regarding this amazing gadget of Amazon, specially the Kindle Fire VPN part, still if there is something left that you want to know, make sure that you know it from us at the earnest, for we are there to assist your cause for all sorts of VPN related queries.
You can also see here the all time Top 10 VPN Providers list.
Wish you a Happy and Private Internet Life !!
Latest posts by Allen (Posts)
- iCloud Siri VPN – A new phase of technology by Apple Inc. - April 18, 2012
- Free L2TP VPN - April 4, 2012
- UK Government all Set to Track its Citizens’ Online Activities - April 3, 2012