Internet is no safe haven for tech savvy people, they are bound to be affected by varied unethical activities being carried out by hackers.
Besides these, individual companies and governing authorities also contributed equally towards discouraging the people from using it owing to the voluminous censorships and restrictions they impose over websites.
In order to deal with all such problems and to assure uninterrupted internet access, the role of VPN is of high significance.
What is VPN Connection?
A Virtual Private Network is a secure network, created over the public internet connection to enable the users hide their identity over the worldwideweb.
People seek its assistance to access internet in total anonymity and explore the websites that are otherwise blocked in their respective geographical locations.
How does it function?
A VPN provides the users with a new IP address from a chosen server which is different from their original IP and thus hides them from being tracked by the intruders as well as from the censoring bodies.
The users are required to select a particular protocol that could help them to accomplish the intended task successfully.
Some of the widely used vpn protocols in this regard include IP Security (IPSec), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS), Point-To-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) and Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)
Using VPN Connection
The foremost necessity to use a VPN is a unique identification and the password , both of which are provided at the time of buying the services of a particular VPN provider.
You are then allowed to access the VPN through the protocol you have paid for.
Reason behind opting VPN Connection
There may be an assortment of reasons that could tend you to use VPN over the regular public internet connection, such as:
- Seeking anonymity while online, just to make sure that you do not get in the eyes of concerned companies if you are accessing their websites outside their realm of existence, such as Hulu outside US
- Assuring secure communication via mail, chats and VoIP
- Establishing an encrypted network comprising of only your college mates, your business colleagues or your family spread across different geographical locations
- Exploring streaming websites such as Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Pandora Radio, 4OD, Netflix outside US and more to watch all their exciting TV programs
- Accessing social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and instant messengers such as gtalk, Skype etc., in the countries where they are blocked.
Advantages of VPN Connection
Some of the prominent advantages of using a VPN are as follows:
- With a VPN configured at your personal computer or hand held device, you can access a computer at some remote location, such as in your company or your college right at the comfort of your home.
- You are least likely to be tapped or interfered by some outside while you are using a VPN tunnel to secure your data.
- With the help of a VPN client software installed at your end, you can connect to almost any part of the world from your own location, without letting anyone know about your real IP address
- It is a very effective yet cost-effective way to maintain secrecy over the internet
Best VPN Connections
Lots of considerations are desired while opting for the best VPN service provider, after all it is related to your privacy.
However, you can check all these and more service providers individually to satisfy yourselves completely before zeroing-in on the one that suits your requirement the best way.
|3||Private Internet Access||$6.45/month|
Latest posts by Allen (Posts)
- iCloud Siri VPN – A new phase of technology by Apple Inc. - April 18, 2012
- Free L2TP VPN - April 4, 2012
- UK Government all Set to Track its Citizens’ Online Activities - April 3, 2012